Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lets Talk About Headaches.

by Uncle Bob

     Everyone suffers from a headache at sometime or another.  Headaches are caused by not getting enough sleep, a bright sun that is hurting the eyes, the sun reflecting itself on white snow and the person is not wearing sunglasses, and from stressful situations you are experiencing.  Also from foods you eat, like chocolate, red wine and rich foods.  Drugs and drinking fluids that are high in caffeine may also give you headaches, but probably the most common headaches that most of us get is caused by bad circulation of the blood to the brain.  This happens mostly to people who are over 40 years of age.

     When I was a boy, my dad suffered from migraine headaches and he would take pain relievers by the handful.  When I would ride the bus to work, just about everyone age 40 and over would talk about the migraine headaches they get.  Even though many of them have used all kinds of pain relievers, the headache is gone only temporarily and then it comes back.  Personally I have not had a headache for over 20 years.  What is my secret?  I will tell you.  I have an exercise program that I follow every morning.  I stretch all my muscles and then I dance to music. As a part of my exercise program, I massage the top of my head with my finger tips for a full 5 minutes every day.  I figured that if all the nerve ends are in the top of the head, and all the blood vessels end up there by massaging my scalp on a daily basis, I am probably doing more good then I think I am.  As a result from my daily efforts, I never have migraine headaches while everyone else around me are having them on a regular basis, and they don't know how to cure it.  If you are not massaging the top of your head, then you need to start doing it for 5 minutes a day.  Make this a habit.  You will be glad that you did.

     For those of you who are suffering from migraines right now, I have a few suggestions that will help.  From a health food store, you can buy a bottle of "liquid lecithin", and take a teaspoon of it and put it on the back of your tongue and swallow it.  Then take 3 vitamin b-6 pills that are 100mg each.  This will cure a migraine for several hours.  If you take a Tylenol also, it will boost the pain reliever up to 24 hours.  It is best to take this on a full stomach after you have eaten.  Again that formula is one teaspoon of lecithin, 3 100mg of vitamin b-6 pills and one Tylenol.  Not only will this formula numb a migraine, but it will also numb up other body pains you may be experiencing.  Lecithin has positive side effects.  It lowers the blood pressure.  It kills free radicals.  It kills cancer cells.  It dissolves blood clots, and it also slows down your aging process.

     Another way to cure a headache is to run both hands down the back side of your neck several times.  This causes blood to quickly circulate throughout the brain. This is a great exercise for people who are over 60 years old.

     A third way to stop a migraine is to rest your bare feet on ice packs on the floor and lean back on a bed and cover yourself with a blanket.  Then go to sleep for an hour.  This will allow the blood to circulate in the brain, and it will cure a migraine.

     Another way to relieve a headache is  to drink peppermint tea, which can be found in any grocery store.  peppermint tea is an all-around body balancer and it will settle the stomach and calm the nerves all over the human body.  If a person were to drink peppermint tea and throw away coffee and the commercial teas, then they would be 100% more healthier.  I kid you not.

     Word of Caution: Do not take more than 3 Tylenol a day because it could damage your liver.  It says that right on the Tylenol bottle.  Do not use Aspirin to cure a headache.  Aspirin will destroy the natural vitamins that you get from eating vegetables and fruits thus lowering you immune system, making your body more acceptable to the common diseases. Also too much aspirin that is used at one time, it could put a hole in your stomach. So use Caution and wisdom when using aspirin. Aspirin is commonly used by Doctors as a blood thinner but you need to see your Doctor as to how and when to use Aspirin as a medicine.

     If you practice and apply the methods I have told you, you can and will cure a migraine headache.  Do not forget also to make it a habit to massage your scalp with your fingertips for 5 minutes or more everyday. If I never have headaches then it should do wonders for you too!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. When my mom had cancer before she regularly experience headaches and she occasionally opts for Tylenol once in a while, as she was undergoing holistic therapy for cancer; she only takes them if the pain is unbearable.

    ReplyDelete